Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sewing Basket

The sewing basket is out. I'm trying to get some work done a little at a time. It just depends upon how I work it in. A stitch here, a stitch there. Eventually I'll have something to show for my time.

I went to sew with a friend yesterday. We kind of took a break from our joint sewing day during the holiday season. Now that the new year is in full swing we will be getting together once a week again. It's always a fun time to sit and sew and chat away the morning with a friend.

Here's what's on my desk - a magazine I picked up the other day. Stuffed is a new magazine put out by Somerset Studios. It shows some of the new wave of interesting soft, cloth dolls being produced these days. I've been toying with some ideas about creating my own series of little stuffed softies.

I will be working on some quick little digitized faces I want to develop for some softies. It will be partly for a class I'll be teaching in early February, and partly just for fun. There's been a few ideas rolling around in my head for awhile now. Time to get those ideas into the development stage. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.