Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Kitchen Toy

Our new kitchen toy - a KitchenAid brand mixer.We picked up a new mixer today. It's a KitchenAid brand deluxe model with a bread hook and lots of power to mix dough. I mixed up a batch of dough to make some pizza and then mixed some dough for whole wheat bread.

Our pizza was yummy! We bought pepperoni and Canadian bacon, added green peppers, mozzarella and colby jack cheese. The dough recipe was supposed to be for two pizzas, but I divided it among four 12" pizza pans. We like thin crust better than thick so it worked out well. We slid two of them into the chest freezer in the basement. They probably won't be down there for long as we're already talking about eating them later in the week. Fresh made is always good. They're a lot better than purchased frozen pizzas. I'm sure there will come a day in the next week or two we'll come home from work wanting to just pop one in the oven and enjoy. That's part of the fun of frozen pizza, all the work of putting them together is already done.


Just out of the oven - yummy fresh bread.The smell of fresh baked bread filled the house. It smells so delicious! The dogs were especially excited everytime we walked into the kitchen to check the status of our goodies in the oven. They were beside themselves wanting a hand out. (Yep, I gave them each a sampling of pizza). I know it might not be the thing to do for those of you who don't believe in giving dogs table scraps. But I could hardly have them there the whole time smelling all that fresh baked goodness and not share at least a little bit of it with them. Those dogs are part of the family!

Two loaves of fresh homemade whole wheat bread.I know we'll be making lots of fresh bread and other goodies with the new mixer. It looks like there are lots of other attachments available to use with it besides the three tools that were packaged with it. I especially like the power it has to mix things and the reduced time to it takes to prepare these foods.

I am reminded of going to my grandma's house when I was little and watching her bake fresh bread. There was the old fashioned bread box to store it in, and loving the way it made the house smell so good all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.