Sunday, March 16, 2008

Clearing Clutter and Organizing

I've been away from my sewing studio for quite a while and it is in need of a lot of TLC. I've wanted to go through my huge collection of stuff for so long. Now is the time. I will have a bunch of things to get rid of once all the cleaning and sorting is complete.
Yesterday I spent most of the day clearing nearly everything out of the room so I could do some rearranging. Today was spent vacuuming then arranging the bigger items to fit my new floorplan.
The effect is to open up the space more, allow the light to shine more evenly around the room, and give me a chance to purge all the unused and unneeded stuff from the room. I am planning on putting some things up for sale on ebay once I've got the room finished. I have such an abundance of stuff -- it's been calling for a clean and purge for so long!
I've been taking photos along the way, so will post some within the next several days. I am really enjoying the openness now. I hate the idea of bringing back some of the stash -- I'm ready to let some of it go. I hope there are some willing souls out there looking for some bargains from the excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.