Monday, October 20, 2008

Sewing Therapy

Twin needle pin tuck techniqueMy recent sewing included making some pin tucks on the front panel of my new pillow pattern. I just love making pin tucks. It's such a quick and fun technique. And it is so easy. Just insert a 2.0mm twin needle and thread with two threads for this needle. Change to a pin tuck foot and use the pin tuck blade to help the tuck form neatly and easily. Then just sew the number of pin tuck rows you desire. So easy!

Twin welting techniqueMy latest pillow also includes the use of twin welting as a border for the pin tuck area. This is also an easy technique. The first time I saw the Pfaff twin welting foot being used I knew I wanted to get one. It is another easy foot to use and gives impressive results for home dec projects. The final effect is pretty cool with just sewing two rows of straight stitches. These two sewing feet are my current favorites.

Today I spent some time at work doing a class. Then later when I left I had the opportunity to spend some time sewing away the afternoon with a friend. I really enjoy sewing as an afternoon pastime. Spending this time with a friend makes the afternoon that much better. I'm still working away on my crumb quilts. I'll have the last log of my log cabins stitched on this week. Then I will be able to piece the blocks together. I'm looking forward to getting this scrappy crumb quilt onto my Grand Quilter frame. This will be the first quilt I actually put on the frame to practice and gain some quilting skills..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.