Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stamp Making Inspiration

When I posted yesterday I forgot to tell you about another stamp carving artist's site that I find very inspirational. She is a master stamp carver! You will be amazed to see her work at her blog site called 'Girls Are Crying'. I haven't read back through her posts to determine why she named her site with that title, but I will search that out at some point. She does exquisite work with hand carved stamps!

When I was holed up at home last weekend mending from my oral surgery I spent some time getting reacquainted with some of my art books. I pull them out from time to time for inspiration. I signed up for a journal swap on swap-bot a short while ago. It isn't due till July so I have lots of time to work on it. I've got some ideas in my head on how I want to put it together, but I like to review things I've seen before to spur me on. I'm collecting some ephemera in preparation for what I have in mind. I will be recycling junk mail and incorporating other odds & ends in it as well. It should be fun to put together. It will be a mixed media compilation.

On another note, the 'Somewhere in Time' journal swap I wrote about previously has been cancelled by the host. I have to say I am disappointed in that, but have moved on. This new journal project should be fun as well. It will be an excuse to get back into more painting again, too. Okay, enough for tonight . . . I've got some things I need to be working on . . . till next time . . . Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about that swap being canceled :( I'm in the All About You journal swap as well. I really should get started now because I think I'm the hardest person to scrap/journal about...lol! Your stamp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.