Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daffodils Brighten Our Home

Daffodils from my husband to brighten up the dreary, cloudy, foggy days lately.I was commenting to my hubby a few days ago about all the foggy, cloudy and dreary days we have been witness to these last few weeks. It seems this weather pattern has been hanging on for a long time. I noticed in photos I was viewing the other day that some homes and buildings in Northern European countries often had bright colors painted on their front doors and other decorative accent areas. I told my hubby I figure it must be a way to brighten up everyone's outlook because there have got to be a lot of people who suffer from that Seasonal Affective Disorder. Lack of light and dreary cloudy days is bound to take its toll on people there, as well as here. The next day he brought home a flower pot filled with blooming yellow daffodils. How nice! He said the bright color should help chase away those dreary winter doldrums. And they are bright and cheerful to look at. Almost all of the buds have opened already. We enjoy having them around to greet us. Notice all that snow through the window in the background? Right now nearly everything is cloudy, dark, dingy and dirty - even the snow.

I've been away from blogging for a while again. I have some photos and events to share with you from the past couple weeks. It will have to wait till tomorrow, though. I'm tired right now after two full days of participating in a local Embroidery Education and Entertainment event here in town. It was fun. We learned all kinds of stuff about embroidery history, digitizing hints and tips, embroidery design info, stuff about current machines and tool, etc. Two full days have got me beat. More on that and other things tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.