Thursday, January 7, 2010

Short Cuts

My new haircut from the backI got my hair cut the other day. See how short it is? Occassionally I decide to do it short in the middle of winter, in the middle of freezing cold January! It has been quite a while since I had it this short. Even though it's cold out, I have to say I like it this way for a change. After my morning shower it dries so much faster and is super easy to work with.

I had an opportunity to meet up with Terri Stegmiller at the Bismarck Art Gallery. She is another North Dakota blogger who shares so many similar interests in the art, quilting and sewing areas. I would like to invite you to stop by her blog to say 'Hi'. You will find links in the sidebar on the right for her Creative Cue and Technique of the Month. I am going to try to participate on a regular basis with these projects. So far I haven't taken the time to do my first entry. The first cue word is 'East'. I've got an idea in my head, but haven't manifested it on paper yet. Hey Terri  :)  It was fun to finally meet you in person!

I did some work downstairs in my studio today. Didn't get photos of my projects yet today. That will have to wait till tomorrow. I was busy with some organizing, some sewing, quilting and paper piecing the last of the football shapes for my Rattlesnake quilt. All this activity took place in the midst of washing laundry and folding several batches of clothes. Still, there's more to do on that front. Aaah . . . don't cha just love doing laundry? Me? I like to see it over and done. It's a good feeling to get the last of it folded and put away. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts for getting it done. It's just a matter of sticking to it. Sewing and working on my projects between loads is a good way to break up the tedium of chores.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen, it was great to meet you too! Let's do it again! Now go get working on your "east" piece! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kick in the pants! I just posted my image and linked your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.